The following local incentives, at the election of the governing body, may be made available to qualified business:
- Zoning Changes/Variances
- Tax Increment Financing - in process. Public hearing set for Tuesday, December 3, 2019 at 6 p.m.
- Tax Abatement Guidelines
- Chapter 380 of the Local Government Code
- Loans, lease- purchases or other forms of financing for site acquisition or development;
- In-kind" services such as site preparation using City equipment, personnel, or contractors;
- Grants/ assistance for job training or re-location
- Waiver or rebate of permit and other fees.
- Capital Improvements in Water, Sewer, Streets, and Other Infrastructure
- Low-Interest Loans for Business
- Provision of Publicly Owned Land for Development Purposes
Find additional local incentives offered through the Great Waco Chamber Economic Development page.
The State of Texas offers an array of economic development incentives through the Governor’s office of economic development. Just a couple of state incentives are listed below. For a full list or additional information visit the state's economic development incentives page.
- The Emerging Technology Fund
- The Enterprise Fund
- Workforce development